Job in Switzerland
›Expat in switzerland
›Job in switzerland
Are you looking for a job in Switzerland? Do you have a C permit? Most jobs can be found on major websites dedicated to finding jobs. Discover those website and some tips to apply.
Apply for a job in Switzerland
More and more companies want to receive application files by e-mail. In order to do so, be sure that:
- The files you send are in the PDF format
- You must attach a cover letter to your CV
What should you put in a cover letter? Generally, your application should include three main parts:
- An introduction: you must say for which position you are applying to, where you did find the announcement.
- A presentation: introduce yourself, tell your experience, qualities and strengths.
- A conclusion: explain what do you expect from this job.
Find a job
Below, we offer a list of major websites offering job oppotunities:
- Jobup.ch: visit the english version of this site and search jobs by categories and regions.
- Jobs.ch: this website is available in engllish as well.
- Monster.ch: this website is only avaiable in french and german.
- Indeed.ch: all jobs in Switzerland in one place.
Which salary to expect?
If Switzerland is known for its relatively high salaries, they vary considerably from one canton to another. Also, keep in mind that if you receive a high salary, you'll have high expences (insurances, taxes, rent, ...).
Estimate your salary using this calculator (in french).